The City of La Crosse is an entitlement city in the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). It has received funding to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus, under eligible activities through the CDBG program. This Request for Grant Applications describes activities that the City has decided to prioritize funding for.
Applicants may only apply for grants to provide services in the City of La Crosse. A pre-application is required to ensure eligibility. The deadline to apply is July 2, 2020
1. Housing for the homeless or unsheltered (using HUD's definition). Grant funds may be used to: fund case management services, fund outreach services to the unsheltered, fund 3 months worth of rental assistance, and limited funding for motel vouchers (housing is a higher priority). Non-profit applicants must be licensed users of the Homeless Management Information Center (or be willing to obtain) and currently work with La Crosse's Continuum of Care. Must be previous recipient of City of La Crosse CDBG funding in the past 3 years. Grant recipients are expected to leverage funds available to them such as ESG Rapid Re-Housing funds or other funds. Maximum grant request is $80,000, maximum grant period 18 months. All housing provided as a result of this grant award must pass a City inspection that will be performed as part of this grant.
2. Child Care/School Age Care. For City of La Crosse child care businesses or school age programs that can show financial hardship due to Covid-19. Application must describe how funds will help the child care site respond to, or prepare for Covid-19. Available to all non-profit child care centers or licensed school age programs, certified family child care, licensed family child care centers. If business provides child care in multiple locations, they may only apply for costs associated with services in the City of La Crosse. Child care businesses located outside the City of La Crosse boundaries are not eligible to apply. Child care businesses who have already received City of La Crosse funding not eligible to apply.
Maximum grant requests as follows:
- Licensed capacity above 50 $15,000
- Licensed capacity 26-50 $10,000
- Licensed capacity 11-25 $5000
- Regulated capacity 6-10 $2000 (includes certified in home providers)
All grant recipients must be able to specifically state how these funds will not duplicate other sources of funding the grantee is receiving.
Any questions on the RFP should be directed to email@example.com. The City will update answers to all questions and responses, under the requirements section of this application.